Saturday, June 16, 2012

Daddy

For Mother's Day I was able to post about personal experience as a Mommy and was able to honor my Mom.  Today I want to honor my Dad as well as Jason for being amazing fathers and role models for me and for our girls.

Dad,
Thank you! Thank you for making the rule that you always go to church, no matter what, no excuses - it has transferred into our family life and was the beginning of my faith journey.  Thank you for teaching us to prepare for everything and try to get to places/meetings with time to spare - because of you I am organized and on time.  Thank you for setting the example in tithing - because of you we have put God first in our finances.  Thank you for the high expectations you always set for me - because of you I push myself and strive for the best and to be the best I can be.  Thank you for singing all the time - because of you I've learned the lyrics to MANY songs and I've learned that singing is good for the soul.  Thank you for teaching me the Bible alphabet - because of you I'm able to say "W - What time I am afraid I will put my trust in Thee". Thank you for loving Mom so openly - because of you, I knew the kind of man I wanted to marry.  Thank you for being tough and realistic - because of you I'm able to step back from a difficult situation and look at the facts.  Thank you for always being at every softball game I played, every move-in day at Winthrop, and reading to my class every year - because of you I felt important, valued.  Thank you for bragging about me and my accomplishments, however small they were. Thank you for believing in me and making me feel special.  Thank you for loving my girls with open arms and a smile - because of you they have a Poppa who is willing to swim, wear silly bands, paint his fingernails, and play with sidewalk chalk. You have no idea how excited Riley is about her loud day with you! Thank you for being a wonderful Dad and Poppa!  I love you! Happy Father's Day!



Jason,
Thank you!  Thank you for choosing me to spend the rest of your life with.  Thank you for loving me and creating two beautiful children with me.  Thank you for teaching me that children need a Daddy - someone to throw them in the air while I cringe thinking their neck/back will break or they'll crash into something, someone to toss them onto the couch as they pratice "flying", someone to give them fruit snacks for breakfast and ice cream during lunch, someone who will let them ride on their shoulders and see the world from a different point of view, someone who will gladly dance with them and be Prince Charming.  Someone who's hands seem larger than life and who's hug can protect them from anything the world might throw their way. Someone to play music too loud and wrestle with on the floor. Someone to take them to the playground and splash with in the pool. You have never had a more precious look on your face than the days that you first held Riley and Logan.  Thank you for loving both of our girls so much and for being the true meaning of Daddy in their world.  Thank you for taking that responsibility seriously, the girls are blessed to have you in their lives!  I am thankful for all the memories you've already made with them and I'm looking forward to what else we'll be able to accomplish together!  I love you! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment