Thursday, January 12, 2012

God is more important than Dora

Our church is currently in the middle of an "old school revival" called Code Orange Revival which will consist of 12 nights of preaching from all-star preachers from around the country.  I can tell you this, after two nights, I am certainly inspired and refreshed and can't imagine what I will feel like after ten more experiences with God's word in this sort of outlet! That being said, it has already been a struggle to not let satan gain control of the momentum this church and specifically this revival has already had and will have on our family.  Let me tell you what I mean...
I was hoping to go to almost all of the services in person but then we realized that with the travel time, lines, and need for both girls to eat and sleep, we wouldn't be able to go nearly as often as we wanted to.  No worries, we can watch it live streaming online, right? Well, the services begin at 7:00, Riley's normal time to watch Dora.  If you know Riley, you know how important Dora is in her routine!  So I had to have an important talk with Riley when the time came for the service to start - that God is more important Dora!  At first she just stared at me like I had spoken in tongues, but then she actually accepted it.  I got to have a great conversation with her about the importance of learning about God and showing Him that in our house nothing is more important than loving Him and spending time with Him.  I felt so proud of her, she handled it very well!  Then, the icing on the cake, when the music started, she recognized the song, sang along, and raised her hand.  It's a good feeling knowing that we are raising our girls to praise and worship, believe and pray, even if it means missing Dora :)
Hopefully we will be able to go to at least three or four experiences in person but if not, I know that we are still putting effort into starting our year by immersing ourselves in God's love, power, and spirit and believing that this opportunity will bless us in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment