Monday, January 23, 2012

My balancing act

Do you remember those guys who would spin plates on sticks? I feel like that's what my daily life has become! I start by spinning Riley's plate, then Logan's plate, then Jason's, then my teacher plate, family plate, relationship with God plate, laundry/chores plate...it's a balancing act that I don't think even involves a "me" plate anymore! It's tough because as soon as I get one plate "spinning" well, another one (or three) seem to wobble and require my attention. I know that I am not the only one who feels this way and I certainly don't think I have even close to the hardest life situations to deal with - but it can all get so overwhelming, can't it? When I was able to be at home during the day, I felt like I was able to accomplish so much more. Everything seemed to go so smoothly. Now that I'm back at work, I'm struggling with feeling like I'm doing everything partially well and doing nothing with the full attention or enthusiasm each person or responsibility deserves. I'm beyond thankful for my parents, friends, and most of all my husband because of the help I get from them. I just want to go back to feeling confident in my ability to balance it all and give attention, love, and energy to all of the different aspects of who I am called to be! So, how do you do it? How do you keep all of your plates spinning?

1 comment:

  1. Kristin...Totally know that life...still living it. Bottom line...take one day at a time. Take a deep breath and dive in...but know that you still need to carve time out for you. Don't assume you CAN do everything. Add the word "NO" back into your vocabulary and don't beat yourself up if you just say I'm done at the end of the day and haven't gotten everything done. Also, most important of all...call your girlfriends (and your mother!)...they help you survive everything and will pitch in when things get too tough. Hang in there. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete