Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

WOW!  We just got back from Charleston and I have to say that our girls were extremely blessed; not only with gifts from loved ones and, of course, Santa ~ but by the amount of love, time, attention, hugs, kisses, tickles, and laughs that were shared with them during our trip.  Logan got some very practical gifts (diapers, wipes, formula, pajamas, pacis...) and Riley got the begged-for rain boots, lots of Tinkerbell/Fairy goodies, games, dress-up, and some "just-for-fun" items that she will enjoy playing with!  My Aunt Cindy got Riley a subscription to Highlights magazine, I thought that was so thoughtful since Riley loves to read, loves stickers, and really loves to get mail - a gift that covers all three!  Our family also sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and talked about the ultimate gift that was given on the original Christmas morning.  We got to spend time with so many family members and friends and it was so nice to be able to laugh, catch up, and spend a lot of time just enjoying each other's company and relaxing.  A big shout out to my parents who let Jason and I sleep in and take naps to refresh ourselves!!  Nanny and Poppa know how to be great hosts and really know how to spoil their grandchildren.  I love Christmas for so many reasons: the decorations, the food, the songs, the memories of Christmases in the past, giving, receiving, and being surrounded by loved ones.  It's tough when Christmas is over and the decorations come down and everything returns to "normal" but at least for us the end of Christmas leads to a celebration a few days later! 
I hope that your family had a wonderful Christmas too and are now preparing to reflect on the blessings of this year and what memories will be made in 2012! 
(I wanted to add a great family picture we took by the Christmas tree but for some reason my computer still won't let me! I'll keep working on it....)

No comments:

Post a Comment