Saturday, December 24, 2011

God's Favor

Do you ever stop, take a look around, and really notice how blessed you are?  I have been in a very reflective/grateful/humbled mindset since Logan was added to our family in October.  Christmas and all that surrounds it - both secularly and religiously - has me in a frame of mind that I am just completely blessed and have always been.  I in no way intend that to sound cocky or overly proud, I mean it in a way of being humbled by the assurance that God has been in my life, on my side, and showing me His favor from my earliest memories.  I have found myself looking around at my family and friends and just being in awe of all that we have been given. My life has had one step after another where it was obvious that God was there and working on my behalf. Just this year we were blessed with a surprise pregnancy that was safe and healthy, I was chosen to take on a new teaching position that I've been looking forward to for awhile, a diagnosis of a benign goiter, found a preschool and caregiver for our girls that we love, trust, and can afford, Jason has had some positive opportunities and changes at work, a successful c-section and recovery, and I was able to take a much longer maternity leave than I was able to do when Riley was born.  Isn't God amazing!?!  With much faith, love, support, and fun we made it through what could have been a very rough year.  Our Christmas Eve service at church (which please let me know if you ever want to join us at Elevation Church, I can assure you that you will not leave disappointed that you did!) was focused on the God who was, is, and is to come.  When your life perspective is that the God who has been with you all along is still with you and will continue to be with you no matter your circumstance, nothing can come along and shake you.  I hope you have that kind of promise in your life and can stand on that faith, I simple cannot imagine surviving without it!
So to everyone who is a part of my life now or has been in my past, I consider you a blessing and pray that you have a wonderful Christmas season with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment